Riichi Open Danish Championship 2016
Time: October 1-2, 2016
Place: Casino Copenhagen, Amager Boulevard 70. See map.
We have initiated a new collaboration with Casino Copenhagen and have thus changed the venue. Due to the Casino's opening hours we have to shift the schedule slightly, which means we finish half an hour later on Sunday than first announced. However, the venue is closer to the airport, so it should not change anything for players arriving by plane.
Please note, that we will not be able to provide free lunch and coffe/tea at the casino! Instead we have lowered the registration fee from DKK 300 to DKK 100.
At the Casino you will have to present your passport when registrering.
On Friday night we are not able to provide a social play option. On Thursday you are welcome to join our regular club night, please see details below.
Registration: via email to email@example.com. Deadline: September 5.
Include info on:
- Name and country
- EMA ID, if you're a member of a European club. Find your ID on the European ranking lists
Tournament: DKK 100 (EUR 14). The registration does NOT include catering.
No pre-payment, you pay on-site.
Rules: Riichi, EMA riichi rules, 2016 edition.
A gong sounds after 75 minutes, and the current hand and one more hand is played. If a full game (two winds) is played, the game stops immediately.
Individual prizes for the 3 highest ranked players.
No catering is included in the registration fee.
Food and drink will be on sale at Danish restaurant prizes, with a 10% discount. Catering is provided by the Radisson Hotel and Casino Copenhagen. A lunch sandwich will cost about DKK 85 (12 EUR) and a simple white sandwich DKK 35 (5 EUR).
Join Mahjong Denmark's Thursday session: If you feel like coming early to Copenhagen, be advised that we play mahjong every Thursday at Haraldsgade 69, Copenhagen, from 16:30 hrs. It's the door to the left of the Netto supermarket.
Any questions? Contact Tina: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2125 9153
|Saturday, 1 October|
|14:45-15:00||15 minutes break|
|16:30-16:45||15 minutes break|
|18:15-18:30||15 minutes break|
|Sunday, 2 October|
|14:15-14:30||15 minutes break|
|16:00-16:15||15 minutes break|
- DK 03000156 - Sheila Hansen
- DK 03000176 - Jesper Nøhr
- DK 03000123 - Kim Iversen
- DK 03000148 - Frank Rostved
- DE 05100153 - Timur Hahn
- DK 03000022 - Henrik Leth
- DK 03000003 - Tina Christensen
- DK 03000149 - Isabel Bahiano Steenholm
- DK 03000149 - Lars Therkelsen
- NL 08010151 - Cor Hoogland
- NL 08010166 - Ans Hoogland
- FR 04030022 - Jean-Michel MORISSE
- FR 04030100 - Valérie VERGOZ
- FR 04030103 - Mickael RIVIERE
- FI 14990024 - Konsta Lensu
- DK 03000140 - Shi Hua Chen
Staying in Copenhagen
- Wake Up Copenhagen. Brand new and low priced. Close to Dybbølsbro S-train station and the Central station.
- Hotel Nebo. Cheap and central, just by the central station (which is 13 minutes train ride from CPH airport). Note, there's no Metro stop at the Central station, only ordinary trains.
- Omena Hotel. Cheap and central, just by the central station (which is 13 minutes train ride from CPH airport). Note, there's no Metro stop at the Central station, only ordinary trains.
- Danhostel. Cheap and basic.
- More hotels can be found on Wonderful Copenhagen.
Nearest metro stations are Islands Brygge (400 m) and Christianshavn (850 m). The metro between Christianshavn and the airport takes 12 minutes, and the metro leaves every few minutes.
From the Casino Bus 5A connects to Copenhagen Central Station and Nørreport station in 6 and 15 minutes, respectively.
Use Journey planner to find an appropriate connection. (Use "Amager Boulevard 70" as the address).
You can buy single-ride tickets on train platforms or from the bus driver. The same tickets are valid in both Metro, busses and trains, and as long as you stay within the time limit you can change between these. These are farily expensive: DKK 24 in the city, DKK 36 between airport and city. The old "klippekort" multiride tickets are no longer available.
A cheaper option may be to buy a Rejsekort Anonymous. This type of travel card does not require an address or any personal details. The card costs DKK 80 (the card price is non-refundable). Please note that you must expect to add DKK 170 to the balance to cover the cost of travel. You can buy Rejsekort Anonymous at the rejsekort vending machines placed at every metro station, at Copenhagen Airport and at Copenhagen Central Station.
More info on Rejsekort ("Travel Card") and how to use it.