MCR Open Danish Mahjong Championship 2018
- Mahjong Europe Ranking System (MERS 2)
Time: May 11-13, 2018
Note the tournament is played over 3 days, beginning Friday.
Place: Haraldsgade 69, Copenhagen. See map.
Registration: via email to Tina: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: April 11.
Note: MAX number of participants is 80.
Include info on:
- Name and country
- EMA ID if applicable. Find your ID on the European ranking lists.
- In case you have a special diet (vegetarian, allergies, etc), please let us know.
Tournament: DKK 400 (corresponds to EUR 54). Includes: lunch, snacks, coffee and tea.
No pre-payment, you pay on-site. Payment in DKK!
Rules: Mahjong Competition Rules
Eleven sessions of 120 minutes are played.
Table winners are awarded 4 points, 2 points go to number 2 and 1 point to number three at each table.
There will be a team competition: Each player is part of a team of four players whose individual results are added. Send the name of your team of four via email to Tina: email@example.com. Remaining players will be placed into teams by the organizers.
Individual prizes for the 3 highest ranked players. Team prize for the Best Team. If there are more than 12 teams (48 competitors), there will be Team Prizes for the top three teams.
Tea, coffee, snacks and lunch are included in the registration fee.
Soft drinks, beer and wine will be on sale for non-profit prices. Expected price per item: 6 dkk (about 80 eurocent).
No joint dinners are planned at this point.
Join Mahjong Denmark's Thursday session on Ascension Day: If you feel like coming early to Copenhagen, be advised that we play mahjong every Thursday at Haraldsgade 69, Copenhagen. Doors will be open from 4pm onwards on May 10th.Tentative time schedule:(We may move a little around on registration times and beginning of first sessions in the morning. Ending time on Sunday will not be changed.)
|Time||Thursday May 10|
|Time||Friday May 11|
|Time||Saturday May 12|
|Time||Sunday May 13|
Referees: Morten Andersen (Head referee)
- FR 04040105 - Anthony Ea
- FR 04040036 - Christiane D'Angelo
- FR 04030074 - Jean-Louis Barbet
- FR 04090080 - Cédric Aguerre
- DE 05100153 - Timur Hahn
- FR 04090024 - Annie Manzo
- FR 04090025 - Bruno Manzo
Staying in Copenhagen:
- Wake Up Copenhagen. New and low priced. Close to Dybbølsbro S-train station and the Central station.
- Hotel Jørgensen. Cheap and central, just by Nørreport station, 12 mins from the airport on the Metro.
- Hotel Nebo. Cheap and central, just by the central station (which is 13 minutes train ride from CPH airport). Note, there's no Metro stop at the Central station, only ordinary trains.
- Danhostel. Cheap and basic.
- From Nørreport station you can take:
- Bus 42 (towards Ballerup) which stops at Haraldsgade/Lersø Parkalle right by the venue.
- Bus 150S (towards Kokkedal) which stops at Lyngbyvej/Haraldsgade 300 m from the venue. You can take Bus 4A the last 300 m to the venue.
- Bus 184 (towards Holte), which stops at Lyngbyvej/Haraldsgade 300 m from the venue. You can take Bus 4A the last 300 m to the venue.
- Take S-train A, B or C northbound from the Central Station (or from Nørreport or Vesterport or Østerport or Dybbølsbro) to Svanemøllen station. From Svanemøllen take Bus 4A which stops at Haraldsgade/Lersø Parkalle right by the venue.
Map of S-train lines .
- Take S-train A (towards Farum) from the Central Station (or from Nørreport or Vesterport or Østerport or Dybbølsbro) to Ryparken Station From Ryparken you have to walk 1 km to the venue.
You can buy single-ride tickets on train platforms or from the bus driver. The same tickets are valid in both Metro, busses and trains, and as long as you stay within the time limit you can change between these. These are farily expensive: DKK 24 in the city, DKK 36 between airport and city. The old "klippekort" multiride tickets are no longer available.
Download the mobile app 'Mobilbilletter' for local tickets in and around Copenhagen. Choose English as the language in the app.
Another option is to buy a Rejsekort Anonymous. This type of travel card does not require an address or any personal details. The card costs DKK 80 (the card price is non-refundable). Please note that you must expect to add DKK 170 to the balance to cover the cost of travel. You can buy Rejsekort Anonymous at the rejsekort vending machines placed at every metro station, at Copenhagen Airport and at Copenhagen Central Station.
More info on Rejsekort ("Travel Card") and how to use it.